The Power of Consent Workshop
A wonderfully effective companion workshop to Consent is Sexy Skills Training Workshop is the Power of Consent workshop, which:
- creates a unique forum for young women and men to skillfully confront some of the most divisive and conflicted issues relating to gender and sexuality.
- is a powerful methodology that enables women and men to openly address sensitive issues rarely discussed aloud, and frequently leads to breakthroughs in mutual understanding, respect, compassion, and reconciliation.
The Power of Consent workshop was created and is run by:
- William Keepin, PhD, an environmental scientist and transpersonal psychologist.
- Cynthia Brix, M.A., M.Div, a former campus minister for United Ministries of Higher Education at the University of Colorado in Boulder, USA.
Will and Cynthia have conducted more than 70 training workshops, on 5 continents, to foster deep communication and mutual understanding between women and men. They are the authors of:
- Divine Duality: the Power of Reconciliation between Women and Men; Hohm Press, 2007; and
- Women Healing Women: A Model of Hope for Oppressed Women Everywhere; Hohm Press, 2009.
Will and Cynthia are based in Seattle, USA - enabling them to travel to universities in the US to conduct their Power of Consent workshop for students, and to also facilitate the Consent is Sexy Training the Trainers Skills Training Workshop.
Testimonials for Will and Cynthia’s workshops:
- “I was deeply moved and changed, and am profoundly grateful for the whole experience. I see more about how I re-enact dysfunctional gender scenarios, despite my conscious commitment to change. Power of Reconciliation is unique, and uniquely valuable to the world.” Peter Rutter, M.D., Jungian psychiatrist, author of Sex in the Forbidden Zone: When Men in Power Betray Women’s Trust.
- “Phenomenal workshop! All about building bridges between men and women. Hope more and more people sign up to do this important work!" Kathleen, Portland, Oregon.
- "The Power of Reconciliation workshop deeply touched my spirit and my heart. For the first time in my life I am experiencing a fun, joyous relationship with a man - something I never thought would be possible. I firmly believe this would never have been possible without the healing that took place at the Power of Reconciliation workshop. Thank you for helping me appreciate this very special moment in my life." Michelle, Oregon.
- “This work is profound. To embark upon the work of gender reconciliation is to rattle the very foundations of every major cultural institution in our society, because patriarchy dominates all of them. I did not believe that gender reconciliation is really possible but now I know that it is.” Jeremy Routledge, Phaphama Initiatives; Alternatives to Violence, Former Director of Quaker Peace Center, Cape Town.
- “Even several months after the workshop, participants’ lives were significantly changed. Several men reported how they are taking responsibility for curbing their own gender-based violence. This programme has the potential, one workshop at a time, to prevent communities from self-destructing because of gender violence and HIV/AIDS.” Judy Connors, Director, Phaphama Initiatives, South Africa.
For more information please contact us.